2020 Scholarship Application
SCHOLARSHIP GRANT APPLICATION
Each year the Monterey Bay American Public Works Chapter awards up to four scholarship grants to college students pursing civil engineering or other public works/construction related degrees. For this year, the grants are $2,000 each.
• Students must be currently enrolled at a university or community college and pursuing a degree in a public works related field, such as civil engineering, construction management, or other closely related discipline. Students must be taking at least 12-units of coursework.
• Students must have a permanent address within the Chapter region (Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito Counties).
• Preference will be given to students who have completed one full year of full time course work, and who have completed or are currently taking classes specific to civil engineering, construction management, and related disciplines. Additional preference will be given to students who have been involved with pertinent extracurricular activities (internships, tutoring, etc.).
• Each award check is made payable to the college or university where the winning student is enrolled, such that it directly funds the student’s tuition. Prior to issuance of individual award checks, selected grantees must attend a Chapter General Meeting and Dinner, held every other month, to receive a plaque describing the award and to be recognized by the local professional community that funds the grants.
• Applications that are not completely filled out may be disqualified.
• Applications must be current. Previously submitted applications will not be considered. Previous winners of the grant are not eligible for current and future grants through this program.
EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION IN PDF FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org.
or, SEND YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Maria Esther Rodriguez
Public Works and Utilities Department
250 Main Street
Watsonville, CA 95076
There are several scholarships given annually; the application deadlines* are:
February 25th, April 25th, June 25th and August 25th
If you have any questions, please contact Maria Esther Rodriguez.
The application form and instructions are contained in the following two (2) pages.
Please click HERE to download application.
* Deadlines can be subject to change. Early submittals are welcomed!
**Applications are preferred to be submitted via email as a one all-inclusive PDF file per application).
THIS APPLICATION MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED AS THE BASIS FOR SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION BY THE CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION FOUNDATION AND THE MONTEREY BRANCH, AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS.